Winter is Coming!

I wonder if people have seasons in their life, or a transitional month or something. I realized that August is one of those months for me. August seems to be the time when I go a little bit nuts.

Supporting Evidence
1. I met Ryan on August 23 and officially left him on August 6
2. I met William on August 21 and left him on August 8
(The girls also like to note that I "met" Logan on August 26 and "dumped" him off at college on August 27. They are funny girls.)

But it's weird, right? I can't help but to notice the coincidence. I really have no idea if it means anything. Maybe I'm just looking for answers to questions that don't exist. Or maybe I'm a complete psychopath (it could go either way).

I guess I should really just start taking vacation in August.

Anyway, all of this thinking has reminded me that it's officially fall. (Yep, all that August talk, just to lead into another topic about seasons.) And while I love nothing more than going for a hike to enjoy the changing colors of the leaves and the crisp, cool air, I can't help but to think of what comes next - winter. (Sorry, feeling a bit glum tonight - Ceci is making me help with her Driver's Ed homework.)

I hate the winter. I hate the long, dark nights. I hate the cold weather. I hate that I have to wear pants because my legs get cold if I wear a dress. I hate that it becomes uncomfortable (impossible) to run.

The best thing about winter is snow days. And the best thing about snow days is snuggling in bed with your loved one, knowing that you don't have to go anywhere.

This winter is going to suck.

I don't like to be alone. As a matter of fact, I HATE to be alone. It's kind of my thing. You know, like for some people travelling is their thing, or skateboarding is their thing, or running marathons is their thing. Well, for me, my thing is I HATE TO BE ALONE.

It's going to be a long winter. A long, lonely, cold, dark winter.

So, I'm going to buy a body pillow and I'm going to name him Bob (it's a safe name, I've never dated a Bob before). I'm going to get some new fuzzy socks and sweatpants. I'm going to keep the house temperature at MY favorite temperature. And I'm going to eat a lot of Pepperoni and Banana Pepper Papa John Pizzas.

I mean, you've got to have goals, right?

This blog was brought to you by Old Crow Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey. (Hey - don't judge me... I'm unemployed. And it's pretty good for a cheap bourbon.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here