The Wind and the Trees

I woke up this morning and remembered what I posted last night. I immediately thought about removing the post. It sounded so sad and so desperate and so weak.

Then I remembered why I'm doing this - why I'm writing in the first place.

To find my weaknesses. To face them and to become accountable for them. And to give them up to God.

So, while I posted 2 nights ago about how I was Alone and Agreeable, that is true. I do agree that I need to be alone right now. I need to figure out a lot of things about me and who I am and who I want to be. But it doesn't mean I like it. No. I hate it. It is my biggest fear - being alone. Most people who know me already know that about me.

But that fear is also what has been the motivator for so many of my mistakes. And I intend to change that.

My mother responded something beautiful to my post from last night, "...winter is the time the fields rest for new growth in the spring." She is right. She usually is.

So, in the spirit of being guided by other women's inspirational words, I have written this poem -

As the autumn leaves change color, so does my heart.
The cool wind blows through the beautiful kaleidoscope of hues that create picturesque landscapes - the most beautiful of seasons.
But that beauty is interrupted when the wind get fierce and the air gets dry, and eventually the leaves brown, crisp, and fall from their branches. 
The branches which they held on to so tightly, for so long.
Their lifeline. 
Their home.

The once golden and scarlet beauties that danced in the breeze are now empty, bare-naked, and exposed - like my soul - standing naked, awaiting the punishment of the cold.
But the trees must be empty and desolate through the winter.
It is the darkness of winter that makes the green spring so glorious - so needed.
That newness is so much more appreciated after being sad for so long.

And the spring will come. It comes every year. 
Bringing with it the warm glow of life and the bright colors of hope. 
The trees will smile, and bud, and once again dance with the wind. 
The same wind that removed all of her beauty. 
The same wind that exposed her to the harsh elements. 

Together, they will dance as if it never happened at all. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here