Drunken Emotions

What have I become?
Before I can answer that first I have to know who I was.

Does my past define me? No more than my present situation can explain where I am going or what my future holds.

I know that this is where I am supposed to be.  I just can't say exactly where I am.

I can give every reason to be right here where I am.  This lonely place is better than the previous place where the me I knew was fading away.

I now know my thoughts and can no longer hide them - not from myself or anyone else.

I'm drunk with emotion and sobered by fear. But now, for the first time, I'm embracing the first sip of feeling. I don't want it to disappear.

I continue to drink my fill until I can no longer walk straight or speak without slurring my words. I want all of it. Every last drop. The fullness of emotion.

So drink it, I will. Until I am full. Until I can no longer take another swig.

Lust is like vodka.  It is easy to drink and even easier to quickly and inadvertently become drunk and overcome by its power.

Sadness is like whiskey. It is harsh at first, but then smooth with a sudden punch in the gut.

Fear is like wine.  It is tasty and full and slow to realize, until it's too late.

Anger is like beer.  It is bitter and sweet and filling.  It makes me bloated with emotions and reactions.

All of these, I know so well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here