Stalkers - Start Reading Here



After I had been on a few dates with husband #2, and it was evident that we might actually both be considering "something more," he provided me with a recent psychiatric evaluation. As you can imagine, getting a doctor approved mental health evaluation of your potential new life partner was like, solid gold!

(For his sake, I feel I must tell you that the reason he even had access to said evaluation was because he had recently gone through a divorce and custody hearing - he's not a psycho who has regular evals done.)

So, anyway, I was lucky. I was about to embark on a relationship journey and I had access to some wonderful information that would help me to decide whether or not it was even worth the "next date." Because I admit, during that time in my life I was using all sorts of other stalking techniques to weed out the goodies from the baddies. I was living in Maryland at the time and so I used Maryland Judiciary Case Search to weed out the weirdos with a record (or at least see how long it had been since they'd had a DUI). And of course, I used Facebook to evaluate habits, view friends lists, and identify anything that might be a red flag.

These are things that I would do then and these are the things I still do.

But these are things that we ALL do... right?

Well, that's where we get to my point. Are you ready for this?

I am dating again... and I have this blog...

Yeah, let that sink in...

Seriously, who in their right mind would continue to date me after reading all of this madness? So, that's where I am.

Dating. Meeting people. Getting to know them and then knowing that they have the opportunity to read all about me and my trauma and my heartbreak and my neurosis.

Coming soon - I will be changing the name of the blog to brokenheartedcockblocker...

Comments

  1. LOL! That last line kinda sneaks up on ya. I love your blogs. Your thought process creates the perfect narrative. Anyone who reads your blogs are only going to like you more. You should try your hand at fiction. And I think it should be bigheartedoptimist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last line was the inspiration for this one. Sometimes I work my way backwards. :) I'm so glad you like to read my rants. I'm not exactly sure how you have read them and qualified me as an optimist, but I appreciate your kind words. Fiction is coming... slow and steady. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. becuz your rants are cathartic, which is an optimistic process, if not the act itself. I get the vibe of someone moving forward, albeit reluctantly. and ur welcome. u keep writing I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.