Bring it on!


Tonight, I stood for way too long in my garage door admiring the rainfall. I enjoyed watching as the excess water flowed out of the storm drains and erupted out of the overflow hoses. It was immensely calming and powerfully inspiring at the same time. 

This is supposed to be a big storm - a long storm. It is meant to last for days and to cause serious flooding. 

Oddly, this brings me joy. 

There is something refreshing about the water washing over everything. I am excited for the impending thunder. Maybe I'm embracing the gloom or maybe I'm looking forward to the changes about to occur over the next few days, weeks, and months. 

I sometimes have to remind myself not to be afraid. 

Tonight, I am not afraid at all.

I was, however, reminded of a poem. I cannot take credit for the poem below. These are not my own words, but they do speak to my emotions. 

So let it come on then - bringing the wet smell on the wind, hearing the distant thunder booming in the sky - vibrations felt in my heart.
The light of the sky is pushed out by the growing violet black of this present storm.
It brings with it the emotions of my heart.
And why then the light? 
Does peace only exist where there is no shadow? 
Doesn't Life need water to grow?
This present storm has rescued me from the desert - it is the last cool drop of water on my tongue after such a long journey - painful journey.
So let it come on then, bringing the wind and cooling the earth.
Let it come on then and see if I am ready.

~R.K.E. '47


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here