The Life of an Entrepreneur

Well, my life certainly has taken a fork in the road.

I went from unemployment, spending all day in my running clothes or my bathing suit - writing, reading, sunbathing, and sketching, to waiting tables - turning down one job offer for another, and continuing to get offers from customers regularly - while continuing my consulting work.

It's quite busy and I'm enjoying it. For example, last night, I was waiting on a fun couple; I taught the engineer husband that there really IS a difference between pints across the world (go ahead look it up - there is a difference between a pint and an imperial pint). I think he really enjoyed being challenged to "Google" the difference. After that initial conversation, he kept making comments about how I'd be a great members to "the team."

So finally, I look at look the wife and ask,  "Are you assembling a team of Super Heroes?" Both of them laughed as she handed me her card and offered me a position at her real estate office.

It's kind of been like that lately. I keep getting these offers - offers to do things that are risky and entrepreneurial, but obviously work for certain personality types (maybe mine). I just have to take into consideration that I have responsibilities that are actually on the grid. So, while it may sound fun to take one of these risky, fun, exciting, entrepreneurial opportunities, I can't help but to want a consistent, boring, dependable 9-5 J.O.B.

The waitressing is NOT pulling in as much as I need to get by and the resumes are going out faster than responses are coming in. But I have NOT lost hope. There is something out there and I'm going to keep looking for it.

In the meantime, I've found a co-worker who plays classical guitar and another who works for ESPN but doesn't have any local friends. I guess it sounds like I'm going to entertain them and enjoy life a little.

Also, I have a couple of concerts coming up (WooHoo Francois for making it big time). And even though my daughters will tell you that I'm "anti-social," I insist on making time for myself.

So, I've made plans to meet with a young, green mare that has never been ridden and to start hanging out with friends at social venues, when I'm not busy being a mom, waitress, or consultant.

I just need to keep filling the hours until I know exactly what I'm supposed to do next. That shouldn't be so hard... Right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

For the Living