Stillmeadow

Stillmeadow. This is the name of the street where I live. This is where I bought my new home. It wasn't the first home I looked at on this street either. The first one was the one that lit the fire in my heart - the one that helped me to know that this street was where I belonged. 

So 2 weeks after I lost the bid on the first house on Stillmeadow, right around the time when I was about to give up buying a house (I literally did a credit check on a rental house), I noticed another house on Stillmeadow. It popped up on my Zillow search at 8 pm on September 12 and at 10:45 on September 13, I was looking at the house. Later than night I signed my bid on what is now my new house. 

It wasn't until I actually moved into the house and onto the street that the name of it started to give me comfort. Stillmeadow. Still. Be still. That is what I was feeling. Only a few months before, God had told me to let my roots grow - to focus on buying a home and settling down. And now, it all started to make sense. I need to have roots, so that I can be still. In the short time that I've been in Stillmeadow, I've had a lot of changes. I've had a lot of opportunity to freak out. 

It hasn't been the easiest transition, for sure. But for the most part, I have felt calm. Tonight, as I sit on my drywall dust covered couch, surrounded by misplaced pieces of furniture, boxes of hardwood floors, tools, and paint, I am at peace. There is something about this place. Or maybe I've just been sitting still long enough to understand.

The following words flew off my fingers tonight as I looked around at the almost completed renovation. Soon, the transition will be completed and I will be able to live comfortably in my home. For this, and for so many other things, I am thankful.

And now I will be still
And now I am at peace.
It took a while to get here - 
for all the strife to cease.
Now how obvious it seems - 
that I didn't have to fight.
How simple it came together - 
how overwhelmingly right.

Be still and He will fight for me.
Be still and know He is.
All it took was to be quiet
to witness that He lives.
In my stillness I can listen.
In the quiet I can hear.
I am cradled by His love
and His love is greater than fear.
He has taken me this far
and this is just the start.
My journey is ahead of me
and with this fire in my heart
I will follow where He leads me. 
I will go without regret.
He has taken me this far
and He hasn't failed me yet.

Maybe there is some advice in my words. Or maybe there is a lesson. Take it for what it is. For me it was just something I had to write. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here