A Thank You Note

Over the past several months I've been criticized for my blog. Some people literally asking, "Who puts that stuff out there?"

This perspective has challenged me and made me question my own intentions.

But I'm so thankful that I've had the support of a few who have encouraged me and empowered me. Close friends reminded me that my words are my creative contribution. They are the songs of my heart and the paintings of my soul. These words are not diatribes meant to inflict pain on anyone else, they are simply my emotional expressions - they are my art.

It has been my dream, for as long as I can remember, to be a writer. (In truth, to have a small chateau in the french countryside with a patio for me to sit and drink coffee while I watch the sunrise over my vineyard... and write.)



Well, in some way, I've always been a writer, but I've always thought it a facade. I felt like I was as much of a writer as I am a runner... I never thought myself worthy of winning a 5K. My running was something I did for me. To challenge myself. And my writing has been the same. Both of them were exercises to help me to evaluate myself and grow as a person - one was physical, the other emotional.

So this? To be published? For my words to have meaning in someone else's life? This is way beyond my own expectations.

It's only a small thing, but my words are being recognized. They are being published and they are being quoted.

 My words. 

While this may be just a small stone dropped into the large, vast ocean, it is causing small ripples.
And ripples become waves.
And waves have power.

It's such an amazing feeling to have these little victories. Each small accomplishment gives me hope and furthers my own ambitions. And the big pushes from friends, family, and strangers? What a feeling. The kind words I've received from people I don't know - have never met. They don't know me or my story; they only know what they've read. And somehow, my words have impacted them. It inspires me.

And, to be honest, I need that inspiration. I've learned that it is easy to write when I'm heart broken. The emotions facilitate my thoughts and my thoughts pull words from my soul. But when I'm in a good place? When I'm happy and life is in an easy phase? It's a bit difficult to find that place in my soul where the words come from.

To get through, I've been writing about my thoughts, my daily wonderings and happenings. I've been searching for funny anecdotes to motivate my storytelling. And this has been a fun exercise. But, these stories, while they are fun to write and they open a door into me and my life, they are not the types of writings that influence or comfort.

So, I am very excited to have the encouragement right now. I am very grateful for all of the kindness and opportunities. I hope that I can continue to grow as a writer and persevere through the "dry spells" I've been experiencing. One day, I hope to be writing this blog from a different place.

Yes, the chateau would be nice, but I'll settle for a small loft apartment in Paris as well. :)

With Much Love and Appreciation,
Elizabeth Sarah

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here