Vague Generalities and Obvious Exaggerations

Sometimes not making a decision is a decision within itself.
Sometimes doing nothing at all is a very strong statement.
And sometimes, no matter how much you want something, you want something else even more.

I want it all but I get nothing.
I am a slave to my own freedom.
I fear what I don't know and I know exactly of what I am afraid.

Simply put - life goes on. It is nonsense to think or to even believe that any of us have any control over any of it. We can define the things that have meaning to us, but we cannot explain why they matter. We can do something or we can do nothing, but all of it is in vain because the sun will rise and the sun will set and everything else around us will continue on.

So must we also.

Just because the words aren't written doesn't mean the story goes untold. Stories have a way of telling themselves. They live out their words through deeply engrained memories and they tell us tales from our past as we move toward the future.

And even though I know that to be true, I will not allow myself to repeat the cycle. I will listen to the fairytale but I will create my own reality. I will not get lost in the dream that once was only to miss an opportunity to create a new one.

And so it goes.
And so I go.
And so...

Dream on.

Comments

  1. Much ado about nothing, eh!
    Call it a never ending story or a vicious cycle. A glass half full or half empty.
    The quest is to make something out of nothing and to enjoy it to the utmost.
    And you, my dogged friend, are a shining example of one who keeps striving.
    So dream on, live on!!!
    And we all will cheer you on, perhaps even dare to join you on these adventures!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Old Friend

Eventually. Occasionally. Always. Thankfully. Forever.

Stalkers - Start Reading Here